READ THIS BEFORE YOU DO ANY HOLIDAY SHOPPING!
> Please make every gift count this holiday season. You can find
> coupons at more than 1,600 top stores (including Amazon, Macy’s,
> J.Crew, Toys R Us, Best Buy, Gap and more) AND a percentage of
> virtually every sale will be donated to “PS 373R”
> Just go to www.GoodShop.com , designate us as the cause you support and
> then click over to your favorite store and shop away!.
> Or, add our toolbar to your browser at http://www.goodsearch.com/
> toolbar – and your purchases will earn a donation for us even if
> you forget to go to GoodShop first!
> There’s no easier way to support us this holiday season! Please
> spread the word.
Your favorite online stores have teamed up with GoodShop.com to
offer money saving coupons and a % of every purchase is donated to
> Save an EXTRA 10% off Just Kidz Toys and Fisher Price Toys from Kmart.com + 2% donation to your cause
> 20% Off Orders of $75+ at Back to Basics Toys + 6.5% donation to your cause
> Free shipping on holiday décor and stocking stuffers at Land of Nod + 4.5% donation to your cause
P373 PTA Minutes DATE: 10/14/10
PLACE: PS 58, Marsh Avenue.
In attendance – Executive Board, Parents, Principal, 1 AP, Parent Coordinator * Ray Velez (Total 21)
- 10:18 a.m. call to order
- All executive board members introduced themselves.
- Peggy Lindsey read the minutes and they were approved
- Maritza Sabato read the treasury report and all approved
- We discussed getting the $1000 grant from Debi Rose since so far we had not been successful
- UFT chapter chairperson (Anailia) was checking with the UFT to see if other schools and PTA’s were experiencing the same difficulties in grants.
- Resolution A –school lost thousand in funding through this program
- We discussed the PTA getting a 501(c)3 number and a motion was passed that we try to go under the umbrella of the SI Federation, especially since it is a new and active EIN#
- We expressed our concerns to Sue DiScala that our notices were not reaching our students at PS58 and she said she would make sure that all of our information would get to the students on a timely basis.
- Peggy Lindsey explained restaurant night and how it was going to work.
- Maritza Sabato told everyone about our Modell’s coupons where our school will get 5% back.
- Dawn Port reminded everyone about the resource fair that was happening at the Hilton, the Gary Hecht breakfast and explained her role as the secretary of the President’s counsel.
- She also went over site parents and what their responsibilities included.
- Ray Velez spoke
- Ilene Goldstein-Harnett discussed busing problems and systems that were being put in place to help the children.
- We made the list of volunteers for the holiday fair
- Next meeting will be November 12, at 10:00 am at PS 861
- Meeting adjourned 11:55 am
Borough President James P. Molinaro and The GRACE Foundation cordially invite you to meet
Santa and his Reindeer at the Staten Island Zoo!
Sponsored by Colonial Funeral Home and Raineri Jewelers.
- DATE: Saturday, December 18th, 2010.
- TIME: Santa and his Reindeer will be at the Zoo from 6:00pm-9:00pm COST: $25.00 per family.
- PLACE: SI Zoo, 614 Broadway, Staten Island
Live Reindeer! Photo with Santa! Treats for the children! For additional information please call the GRACE Foundation at 718-983-3800.
The PS373R November PTA Meeting is scheduled for this Friday, November 12th at 10 a.m. at our P861 Site located at 280 Regis Drive. Just take the Expressway to the South Ave. Exit (Exit 6) and you will see the brightly painted building, right next door to Jennifer’s Playground.
Agenda: * Prepare for Holiday Fair * Update on Fundraisers (Catalogs, Eating for Education) * Future Events and Meetings
YAI Parent Workshop: After the meeting, stay and hear a presentation from a YAI psychologist about their upcoming Project Grow Parent Series.