Save the Date: Don’t miss the 10th annual Parents Day at the New York Sheraton Hotel and Towers ( 52nd Street & 7th Avenue) on Saturday, October 13, 2007, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Sponsored by Dial-A-Teacher and United Federation of Teachers.
* Workshops * Ask the Experts * Luncheon * Door Prizes * Vendors & Much More! Admission is FREE, but you must register to attend. Call (212) 598-9205 or go to http://www.uft.org/parent/events/ny/parent_conference/ for more information.
This is for ADULTS ONLY! You may register your child with the YMCA’s CAMP-FOR-A-DAY for $10.00 for childcare services – just check the box when you receive the packet.
Saturday, October 13th. Passes cost $5.00 per person. The Pass entitles the bearer to special savings on select merchandise throughout the store in addition to regular and sale merchandise specials. All day limited exclusion savings pass includes 20% off regular, sale and clearance women’s, men’s and children’s apparel and accessories, fine, bridge and fashion jewelry, bed and bath items, housewares, frames, luggage, china, crystal and silver, all kitchen and personal care electronics and technology items. 10% off regular, sale and clearance furniture, mattresses and rugs and an additional 20% if you open a Macy’s account. Passes are available at the Grace Office, 264 Watchogue Road, Staten Island.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 6:30pm. Villa Portofino, 2481 Richmond Road., Staten Island. Complimentary dinner will be served. Please call Anthony Calabrese at 718-966-3281 to register.
For information on getting a New York State Parking Permit for People with Disabilities please link onto this website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/mopd/html/resources/trans_parking.shtml
Do you want to sign up for a G.E.D. class? Contact the Parent Coordinator, Kirsten Rorke – Telephone (718) 816-8897 ext. 210, and you may sign up for this FREE CLASS. It will be starting this September 2007 and will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. This class runs approximately six months.
GRACE ANNUAL PICNIC – Sunday, September 16, 2007. 12:00pm – 5:00pm. The Grounds of Mount Loretto, 6581 Hylan Blvd., Staten Island.
Adults – $30.00, Children ages 5-14 – $15.00, Children 4 & under – $5.00.
Please make check payable to the Grace Foundation and mail to 264 Watchogue Road, Staten Island, NY 10314.
Get ready for Summer vacation! Remember, the first day back is September 4th. You will be receiving information about your child’s bus schedule in the mail from the bus company. Following is a list of school closings for the 2007-2008 school year:
- Thursday & Friday September 13-14 – Rosh Hashanah
- Monday, October 8 – Columbus Day
- Tuesday, November 6 – Election Day
- Monday, November 12 – Veteran’s Day
- Thursday & Friday, November 22-23 – Thanksgiving Recess
- Monday, December 24 to Tuesday, January 1 – Winter Recess
- Monday, January 21 – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Monday to Friday, February 18 to 22 – Midwinter Recess
- Friday, March 21 – Good Friday
- Monday to Friday, April 21 to 25 – Spring Recess
- Monday, May 26 – Memorial Day
- Thursday, June 5 – Chancellor’s Conference Day
- Thursday, June 26 – Last Day of school until Summer Session