- PARENT SUPPORT GROUPS – REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. The second and fourth Tuesday of every month at 10:00am at 264 Watchogue Road, SI. The next meeting will be December 28th, 2010. Please call the Grace Office at 718-983-3800 to register.
- SOCIAL SKILLS CLASSES FOR INFORMATION ON THE SOCIAL SKILLS CLASSES PLEASE CALL JULIE LARSEN AT 718-983-3800. RECREATION PROGRAMS: For additional information or to register for any of the recreation programs, please contact Julie Larsen, Program Coordinator at 718-983-3800.
- NEW PROGRAM: CLUB L.I.F.E. (Learning, Independence, Fun, Empower) Location: 264 Watchogue Road Friday Nights 6:00pm-9:00pm This is a socialization program for teens and young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Participants will plan a weekly schedule of activities under the supervision of trained staff. Activities include but are not limited to social interaction with peers, on site movies, video games, seasonal activities, community service and daily living skills.
Chip in! Mulch your tree! Help NYC grow!
<!–Saturday, January 9 and Sunday, January 10, 2010
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
–>Bring your holiday tree to a designated city park to be recycled into mulch that will nourish plantings across the city!
Join the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation , the New York City Department of Sanitation, and GreeNYC to recycle your Christmas trees into wood chips. These wood chips are used to nourish trees and plants on streets and gardens citywide. Or, take home your very own bag of mulch to use in your backyard or to make a winter bed for a street tree .
Last year, close to 24,000 Christmas trees citywide were recycled. Please help us top this number!
This year, MulchFest will take place on January 8 and 9, 2011. Parks will host 35 chipping sites and 35 additional drop-off locations: 70 sites in all! Link: http://www.nycgovparks.org/services/mulchfest/mulchfest.html#documents
Please remember to remove all lights and ornaments before bringing the tree to a MulchFest site. Biodegradable bags will be provided if you wish to take some free mulch home. Mulch is available at the sites marked with an asterisk (*) below.
|Clove Lakes Park*||Cheshire Place & Clove Road||Chipping|
|Conference House Parking Lot*||Hylan Boulevard & Satterlee Street||Chipping|
|Eibs Pond Park||Palma Drive & Mosel Avenue||Drop-off only|
|Father Macris Triangle||Fahy Avenue & Lambert’s Lane||Drop-off only|
|Midland Beach Parking Lot*||Father Cappodano & Graham Boulevards||Chipping|
|Silver Lake Tennis House||University Place & Revere Street||Drop-off only|
|Willowbrook Park||Richmond Avenue & Eton Place||Drop-off only|
|Wolfe’s Pond Park||Cornelia Avenue & Hylan Boulevard||Drop-off only|
*You are encouraged to bring bags to take advantage
of the free mulch provided at sites marked with an asterisk (*).
OPWDD has posted its new Guide to Eligibility Assessment Resources, which includes a directory of providers who perform assessments and testing to assist an individual with establishing eligibility for OPWDD services.
Families Helping Families
- Wondering how to occupy your special needs child and his siblings for another day off???
- Please join “Families Helping Families” and other families with special needs children, while they spend a wonderful fun filled, judgment free day.
- No need to worry if your child melts down, because we’ve all “been there, done that”!
1st Annual New Year’s Eve Party
Thursday, December 30, 2010 from 12 Noon – 3:00pm
Knights of Columbus Hall 397 Clarke Avenue, 10306
$5.00 per person
Enjoy: DJ, Food,Carnival Games, Raffles, 50/50, Free Photo Souvenirs, and lots more!
PLEASE RSVP WITH THE NUMBER OF ADULTS AND CHILDREN ATTENDING TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures may be taken during the event for FHF promotional purposes. Photo Consent Waiver Forms will be available for signature. Thank you.
|Parent to Parent New York, Inc.Institute for Basic Research Tel No. (718) 494-4872
1050 Forest Hill Road Fax No. (718) 494-4805
Staten Island, New York 10314 Email. email@example.com
Monthly Information Session WorkshopSpecial Education Issues
The Plan for Special Education
Anne Marie Caminiti
Parent to Parent NY, Inc.
The workshop will be held on Friday, December
10th from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Institute
for Basic Research (IBR), 1050 Forest Hill Road,
Aspergers Support Groups10:00 am -12:00 pm
Wed., December 1st
Wed., December 15th
Mothers Support Group
10:00 am – 12:00 noon
Wed., December 8th
Wed., December 15th
Fathers Support Group
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Wed., December 8th
Page Plaza Diner
Sibling Support Group
Please call our office for further information.
Support Groups are held at the InstituteFor Basic Research (IBR), located at
1050 Forest Hill Road unless otherwise
· The Fathers Support Group will be held at
the Page Plaza Diner located at 75 Page
Avenue in Tottenville.
· RSVP is required for the Sibling Support
Group. Please call (718) 494-4872.
· During inclement weather please call the
office to confirm if the scheduled meeting
will take place.
SIDDC COMMITTEE AND GENERAL COUNCIL MEETINGS
- Health and Clinical Services Committee will be meeting on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 @ 9:15 am The meeting will be held at A Very Special Place at 55 Quintard St. RSVP – Dorothy Clark @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staten Island Developmental Disabilities Council General Council Meeting “Celebrating Achievements” will be meeting on Friday December 17, 2010 @ 9:30 a.m. The meeting will be held at 930 Willowbrook Road Elizabeth Connelly Center –Bldg 41A RSVP- Jackie Tripodi-@ email@example.com
- Property Planning Committee will be meeting on Wednesday, December 22, 2010@ 9:30 a.m. The meeting will be held at A Very Special Place 634 New Dorp Lane. RSVP – Diane Buglioli @ DBuglioli@veryspecialplace.org