- Willowbrook Property Planning Committee will be meeting on Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 @ 9:30 am The meeting will be held @ A Very Special Place 634 New Dorp Lon. – First flr. training rm.*New Address; below Hylan Boulevard across from Miller Field – look for the large building with the blue roof RSVP- Diane Buglioli @ DBuglioli@veryspecialplace.org
- Community Outreach Committee will be meeting on Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 @ 9:30 am The meeting will be held @ Choices Café – Forest Avenue RSVP- James Allocco @ email@example.com
- Residential Quality of Life Committee will be meeting on Thursday, June 4th, 2009 @9:30 amThe meeting will be held @ IBR – 1050 Forest Hill Road RSVP- Christine Cea@ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Support Conference and Resource Fair will be held on Thursday, June 11th, 2009 @ 8:45am-2:00pm The conference will be held at The College of Staten Island Center for the Arts2800 Victory Boulevard, Staten Island, NY 10314To register call 718-983-5354 or email email@example.com
- General Council Meeting will be held on Friday, June 19th, 2009 @ 9:30 am The meeting will be held at The Elizabeth Connelly Center 930 Willowbrook Rd For more information call 718-983-5354 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Parents & Players,
I hope this is the moment you have been waiting for!!! We are getting ready to begin the 2009 Challenger Flag Football Program.
During the off season we did experience some changes but none that will interfere with or have any negative affect to our program. Last year we were under the SIPWFL and we will now be part of the Staten Island Lions (NY’s Finest Youth Football League) and the nationally recognized Pop Warner Little Scholars.
We do expect to play the Challenger games again at Msgr. Farrell H.S. with the possibility to play some games away at other Pop Warner league affiliates and give the kids regular game opportunities. All our coaches will remain with the program including Tony Mezzacappa, Rocco DelPriore Sr and Rocco DelPriore Jr who provided tremendous inspiration to our kids last season. This season we will be requesting a $25 registration to help cover the costs of the program because I have not as of yet been able to secure sufficient funding for the program. This fee will provide the players with game jersey’s, awards and everything else that we can give the kids to make it a memorable experience on the football field.
I would like to invite all interested parents to a registration/meeting to discuss our “new” program in detail and explain our new and exciting plan and opportunities with you in person. All interested volunteers are welcome.The meeting will be held at Great Kills Little League complex on May 26,2009 at 6:30 PM. If you can’t make it Tuesday and you are interested please feel free to call me at (718)667-0241.
All interested volunteers are welcome.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone Tuesday. Have a pleasant Memorial Day weekend.
Child Health Plus and NYC Department of Education invite you to join them for the S. I. Children’s Day Parade!
Saturday, June 6, 2009 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Midland Beach Picnic Area, Father Capodanno Blvd., Staten Island, NY 10306
There will be free Giveaways, Arts, Crafts and Games & Music/Entertainment! Come get your family a free health screening! Sign up for affordable healthcare for Children & Adults. Feel free to bring your Blanket, Beach Chairs & Picnic Baskets!
For more information contact Zulma Cruz or Marie Castelucci @ 718-420-5624 or Healthplus @ 888-809-8009
This calendar of events is courtesy of SI Parent Magazine ONLINE at: www.siparent.com
SATURDAY, MAY 23, 2009
SUNDAY, MAY 24, 2009
MONDAY, MAY 25, 2009