Staten Island Children’s Museum has some terrific activities planned for February 2011:
- Saturday, February 12, Noon – 4:00p.m. One Island, Many Stories – Happy 350th Birthday Staten Island! The Happy Birthday Staten Island party will feature colonial games, crafts, food and music. Photograph your kids in colonial garb. Listen as storyteller Bob “Bobaloo” Basey spins tales of Staten Island then and now. Hear the history of our Island unfold in songs performed by Bob Wright, Caroline Cutroneo, Bob Conroy and Bill Doerge. For more information, go to www.si350.org
- Sat & Sun, Feb. 5&6th 1, 2, & 3pm – Up for Art Tin Art Reliefs Emboss a design in tin to create a low relief with help from artist Janice Patrignani
- Monday, February 21st President’s Day Open from 10 a.m.- 5p.m. Northfield Bank Foundation Holiday Cool School Holiday – FREE ADMISSION!
- Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate! Kids cook every Friday.
Cooking begins at 2, 3 & 4 p.m.
February 4 – Chocolate Chinese Rabbits
February 11 – Chocolate Two-Lips
February 18 – Dutch Treats
February 25 – Chocolate Coins
- February 19 & 20 – 26 & 27 ↑4 Art * Sculpture!
What do you think it takes to make sculpture?
Join artist Ryan McGivern to find out and then, create one from wood.
Sat. & Sun., 1, 2 & 3 p.m.
Go to www.statenislandkids.org or call 718-273-2060 for more information. The Staten Island Children’s Museum is located at Snug Harbor Cultural Center at 1000 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY.