Citywide Council on Special Education CALENDAR MEETING AGENDA
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2010
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: P.S. 333/The Manhattan School for Children – The Joan of Arc Auditorium, 154 West 93rd Street, New York, NY, 10025, (212) 222-1450
5:30 PM – Public is invited to sign up to speak
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Approval of Meeting Minutes of the 8/12/10 & 9/16/10 Calendar Meeting
3. Report of the President
4. Report of the Deputy Chancellor on Special Education
5. Vote on Resolutions concerning “Race to Nowhere”, Public Meeting Conduct, AA Selection, Officer Removal & Vacancy, Budget Approval
6. Discussion: NYS Board of Regents’ Special Education Cost-Containment Proposals & NYS Grades 3 – 8 Testing Program changes and their impact on students with IEPs.
Regent Merryl Tisch – Chancellor of the NY State Board of Regents
Rebecca Cort – Associate Commissioner, NY State Education Department
Public Forum – The Public is kindly requested to keep questions and comments to under three minutes.Upcoming Meeting Announcements: Next CCSE Calendar Meeting/Topic: Thursday, November 18, 2010, Norman Thomas High School, 111 East 33rd Street, Manhattan, NY, NY 10016, 212-576-0500; Topic: Office of Pupil Transportation (OPT) MEETING DATE & TIME IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. INTERESTED PARTIES REQUESTING TRANSLATION SERVICES SHOULD CONFIRM with Keishea Allen, Office of Family Engagement and Advocacy, at 212-374-2434 or KAllen@schools.nyc.gov