THE GRACE FOUNDATION
264 WATCHOGUE ROAD
STATEN ISLAND, NY 10314
TEL NO: 718-983-3800
FAX NO: 718-983-3858
- Mother’s Night Out – Thursday, October 14th. 7:30pm. Jimmy Max Restaurant. $25.00 per person. Please call the GRACE office at 718-983-3800 to register.
- Family Support and Transition Resource Fair – Saturday, October 16th. Sponsored by The Richard H. Hungerford PTA & The Staten Island Developmental Disabilities Council. 10:00am-1:00pm. 100 Essex Drive, Jerome Parker Campus (Off Richmond Hill Road) Free shuttle from Marsh Ave and West Port Street. Free Admission. Continental Breakfast. All are welcome.
- Borough President James P. Molinaro is sponsoring an Autism Event Thursday, October 21st at Petrides High School. Keynote Speaker: Didi Conn. Details to follow.
- Neuhaus Realty is hosting a Casino Night Saturday, February 26th, 2011. Details to follow. ————————————————————————
- GRACE PROGRAMS AND SERVICES NEW PROGRAM: CLUB L.I.F.E. (Learning, Independence, Fun, Empower) Start Date: Friday, October 15, 2010 Location: 264 Watchogue Road Friday Nights 6:00pm-9:00pm This is a socialization program for teens and young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Participants will plan a weekly schedule of activities under the supervision of trained staff. Activities include but are not limited to social interaction with peers, on site movies, video games, seasonal activities, community service and daily living skills.
- MEDICAID SERVICE COORDINATION – The Grace Foundation provides Medicaid Service Coordination. Medicaid Service Coordination is a Medicaid State Plan service provided by the Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities (OMRDD) which assists persons with developmental disabilities and mental retardation in gaining access to necessary services and supports appropriate to the needs of the individual. For assistance and further information please contact Dawn Beacham at 718-983-3800.
- PARENT SUPPORT GROUPS – REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. The second and fourth Tuesday of every month at 10:00am at 264 Watchogue Road, SI. The next meeting will be October 12th, 2010. Please call the Grace Office at 718-983-3800 to register. See attached flyer for dates.
- SOCIAL SKILLS CLASSES FOR INFORMATION ON THE SOCIAL SKILLS CLASSES PLEASE CALL JULIE LARSEN AT 718-983-3800.
- RECREATION PROGRAMS: Recreation Programs will begin the week of October 16th and 17th. For additional information or to register for any of the recreation programs, please contact Julie Larsen, Program Coordinator at 718-983-3800.
- BOWLING AT SHOWPLACE located at 141 East Service Road -off Victory Blvd. Sundays, 10:00am – 11:30am.
- GYM PROGRAM – Begins Saturday, October 16, 2010. Saturdays. P.S. 55, 54 Osborn Ave, Staten Island. Please call Julie Larsen at 718-983-3800 for further information. Session 1 – 9:15am-11:15pm Session 2 – 11:30am- 1:30pm
- SWIMMING – The Elizabeth Connolly Center Pool is closed due to structural damage. Swimming is on hold until further notice.