Check out these cool events at the S.I. Children’s Museum:
- October 7 – The Staten Island Children’s Museum and the WHOLE WORLD will – Read for the Record
Children all over the world read the same book on the same day and try to break the record again! This year’s book – A Snowy Day by Ezra Keats. A 1963 Caldecott Medal winner, The Snowy Day is the simple tale of a boy waking up to discover that snow has fallen during the night. Listen to the story and join in the workshop.
Tot’s Time Plus – 11a.m – 1p.m.($5 plus museum admission) and
Story Time – 4 p.m. (free with museum admission)
- COOL SCHOOL HOLIDAY! October 11 – Columbus Day – Northfield Bank Foundation – The Museum will be open for FREE to the public on the
Northfield Bank Foundation Cool School Holiday:
Hours: 10 – 5 p.m. ALSO: Teddy Bear Clinic sponsored by RUMC
Get your stuffed animals checked out at our SICM Stuffed Animal Clinic. Tour a real ambulance, learn about how doctors, nurses and emergency personnel help in an emergency. 10 a.m. to 2p.m.
- Weekend Projects October 9 & 10 Day-Glow Art! Learn the secrets to making glow-in-the-dark paint. It’s so easy and you can save a lot of money. Learn what makes paint “glow” and then paint (and wear it when it dries) a reflective, day-glow square to keep you safe.
Sat. & Sun., 1, 2 & 3 p.m.
- October 16 & 17 Police Safety Program
Community service officer will instruct the visitors about ways to stay safe! Sat. & Sun., 1, 2 & 3 p.m.
- October 23 & 24
Day-Glo Art (see October 9 & 10)
- October 31st Halloween Fun! Before you go out trick or treating stop by and make yourself a dangling skeleton! Sun., 1, 2 & 3 p.m.
- October 29 -Haunted Tour SPOOKY FUN!
Tour the ghostly grounds of Snug Harbor Cultural Center with the lantern you created and return to the museum for some hot cider and donuts.
Fri., 5 – 6:30 p.m. Pre-registration required. $ 8 per tour.
Call 718-273-2060 ext.137
- October 30 – Not Too Scary Halloween Party!
sponsored by Health Plus FREE ADMISSION The museum will open at noon. Decorate a mini-pumpkin, Halloween activities for everyone. A Halloween Parade, Thriller Dancing – Tricks and Treats and more!
Costumes encouraged. Sat. Noon – 4 p.m.