Soldier Supply Holiday List – Staten Island Project Homefront is in need of items to ship to our soldiers.
Since Staten Island Project Homefront was founded in 2003, more than 58,000 care packages have been mailed to troops in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait. Another 200 will be shipped by month’s end.
Once those boxes are sent, not much will be left for the November shipments that would reach the soldiers in time for Holidays.
Holiday packages are scheduled to be packed on November 17, 2009. Shipment is slated for November 24, 2009.
Donations can be dropped off at the following addresses:
- New Dorp Moravian Church office basement at 2205 Richmond Rd.
- S.I. Federation of PTAs, Petrides Complex, Room 151, 715 Ocean Terrace
- Councilman Kenneth Mitchell, 130 Stuyvesant Place
- Councilman James Oddo, 94 Lincoln Avenue
- Councilman Vincent Ignizio, 3944 Richmond Avenue
Items needed include:
- Travel-sized toiletries; cotton swabs, sunscreen, shampoo/conditioner, pain relievers, lotions, baby powder, toothbrushes and toothpaste, hand sanitizers, insect repellent, lip balm, shaving cream, razors, mouthwash, sanitary items for women, deodorant.
- Food and snacks; powdered drink mixes, small packets of sugar, fruit snacks, raisins, beef jerky, tuna/chicken packs, breakfast and power bars, pretzels, cookies, peanut butter, crackers, cans of Chef boyardee, instant soups and oatmeal, instant macaroni and cheese, peanuts, trail mix, microwave popcorn, candy, mints, gum, throat lozenges, hot chocolate, tea/coffee.
- Clothing; white, black or cotton socks, brown or green t-shirts, boxer shorts, flip-flops, hats, scarves, gloves.
- Entertainment items; DVDs and CDs, batteries, playing cards, disposable cameras, word search or crossword puzzles, board games, pens, pencils, notes of encouragement and drawings from children, and holiday decroations.
- For the canine units; flea shampoo, dog brushes, bedding, toys and treats.
- Staten Island Project Homefront also needs gallon sized bags (Ziploc) to pack the smaller items.