The NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene in collaboration with Parent to Parent of NYS and Resources for Children with Special Needs, Inc. invite Parents of children with special Health Care needs to join them for an information session.
They will provide information on:
- How to develop a medical home
- How to advocate for your child
- How to keep a health care notebook
- How to use non-medicaid service coordinators
- How to use DOHMH child benefit advisors for health insurance services and other benefits
- How to apply for and renew physically handicapped children’s program services
When: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Where: 161 William Street, 6th Floor Traning Room
Contact Esther Curenton, LCSW, Care Coordinator, CSHCN at 212-788-5540 or 212-676-2950