December 2nd we had an amazing workshop facilitated by Kari Sachs who is an Autism Coach at the District 75 NYCDOE Office of Autism. Her workshop was entitled: ” Using Visual Supports at Home”. Following is the list of books she brought with her. They are an invaluable resource.
- Let Me Hear Your Voice: A Family’s Triumph Over Autism By Catherine Maurice
- Visual Supports for People with Autism: A Guide for Parents and Professionals By Marlene J. Cohen Ed.D., BCBA and Donna L. Sloan, M.A., BCBA
- The Social Skills Picture Book: Teaching Play, Emotion, and Communication to Children with Autism By Jed Baker, PhD
- Solving Behavior Problems in Autism: Improving Communication with Visual Strategies By Linda Hodgdon, M.ED., CCC-SLP
- Everybody is Different: A Book for Young People Who Have Brothers or Sisters with Autism By Fiona Bleach
- Activity Schedules for Children with Autism: Teaching Independent Behavior By Lynn E. McClannahan and Patricia J. Krantz